Mincen Pies

Good evening! Gerald Mincen here.

You may have heard of guest posts on blogs, well I'm delighted to be able to join you this evening. Unfortunately Jason is currently indisposed after a stressful few days. Having departed Facebook after finally admitting defeat in the thankless task that was attempting to administer the Bicester Town Centre Chat page, he was last seen seeking solace in the Wimpy nursing a mixed grill. I understand that an incident involving a pantomime dame that left him covered in lipstick didn't help either.

In the meantime, it's up to me to fill in the gap. Those of you with long memories will remember me from the halcyon days of the "Campaign To Bring Back Old Flavours Of Crisps". I too disappeared from the social scene for a while in the noughties due to a nervous breakdown brought on by Walkers decision to discontinue Beef & Onion flavour, (not to mention an amorous misadventure in Steeple Claydon) but that's all in the past now. I am well and truly back, your very own Captain Jack lookalike (and I'm not gay by the way, just to clear that up now after a number of past misunderstandings).

I'm not entirely sure what Jason wanted me to write about when he asked me to look after his blog. I expected he probably wanted me to plug his books or something, but I can't be bothered with any of that. Not when there are exciting developments in the world of crisps to tell you about.

It's the end of 2014, and it is time to resurrect Gerald Mincen's annual "Crisp and Snack product of the year" award. Not since the legendary "Battle of the bands" between Flame Grilled Steak McCoys and Roast Beef and Mustard Brannigans back in 1995 has there been so much excitement over this annual award.

And the winner this year, from nowhere, a completely unfancied outsider at 33/1 with Ladbrokes this morning, it's Snackrite Meaty Multipack from Aldi!

Why has it won? Well for a start, you get 30 packs for £2.85. That's less than 10p a pack! We are talking 1978 from the off sales at the Queens Head prices here! So they must be cheap and nasty, right? No, they are gorgeous and full of flavour, just like the big brands used to be before they took all the salt and saturated fat out of them. Imagine sultry, sexy smoky bacon, coated in flavouring, wow, it's here - plus Roast Chicken, Steak and Onion, Cheese & Onion and Ready Salted. A crisp connoisseur's dream, at a very affordable price for the family on a budget. That's my Christmas dinner sorted.

Season's greetings to you all.
Gerald.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Return of the long lost Kindle ratings!

The next Time Bubble book

Maba